Author Topic: vilmos huszár woodcut  (Read 3281 times)

gerspee

• View Profile
vilmos huszár woodcut
« on: December 15, 2018, 10:34:25 am »
Found three off them but are the originals or copy's . The name is written in pencil and pressed in to the paper . So written by the artist ?  Thanks

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: vilmos huszár woodcut
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:23:07 pm »
I would guess that they're signed by the artist, although they may have been numbered by somebody else.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »
Pencil usually means the artist

https://www.lauracgeorge.com/how-to-sign-art-prints/

SIGNING A HAND-PULLED PRINT
If you are signing a hand-pulled print (the printmaker kind), then it is standard practice to sign all prints (all the ones you intend to sell, that is) in pencil under the bottom-right edge of the print. You should also include the edition information if it is a limited edition print, but under the bottom-left edge of the print.

The edition information should look like a fraction with the top number being the number of the print (ie the first one made or the fifth one made, etc.) and the bottom number being the total number of prints that will be made of this piece (ie an edition of 25).

Plymouth, America's Home Town.

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:48:46 pm »
But there more made so any site where I maybe could see one off the others ?

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:40:39 pm »
Still in need to find the other prints from this series or similar from this artist . The experts have no idea also after contacting them . But there must be a trace somewhere to find i would think ? So help needed  :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 07:14:43 am »
https://www.google.com/search?q=vilmos+huszar+art&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Shouldn`t be too hard to find !!  Look through all these !!  Even if you can`t find this particular series,, his other prints will tell you about what the value is approx !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 11:38:33 am »
Believe I found your post on this site.  https://www.museumserver.nl/phorum/read.php?3,26690,26694  Where they don't believe they are originals and you are contacting experts on his works?

https://blouinartsalesindex.com/auctions/Vilmos-Huszar-5174458/Composition-g%E9om%E9trique
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 06:02:51 pm »
I contacted the known experts from Huszar and his works here in the Netherlands but the can't seem to place them in a time and connect them directly to the artist . The have a very good condition and that's maybe what is maybe letting them think the can't be before 1960 when he died . But the quality good be correct if the where stored away for a lot off years in by example a closed map or book. A lot off the artists works are in private hands from being made and comes out sometimes now because off more attention to his work the last years . The paper itself and the microscope photographs are seen by a expert in paper who thinks the paper is from the fifties or earlier . So question now is when there made and maybe made for his last exhibition when he became 75 years old  . That was in 1959 by Galerie Loujetzky in The Hague . There is a catalogue printed from that exhibition but can't find it yet .

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 06:52:18 pm »
Since this one is numbered 11 out of a series of 20,, it is not an original !!  Just one of a series he made for sale !!  Even though they are signed by him,, that does not make for more than one in a group of 20 prints !!  Many artists do this to pay the bills  Even some of the better artists !! An original would be the only one done !!

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:21:10 am »
see what you mean but I would like to find out if there original makes by the artists himself or done after his death in 1960 . Like for a exhibition about him or the art style he belonged . So original made by the artist and signed by him or as tribute made after his death for whatever reason  :)

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 05:16:05 am »
I say that "woodcut" is worth $200,000.

Now all you have to do is find a buyer for it. :P

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:06 am »
I just did and I give you big discount as forum pal  :P So now we are friends forever ? 8)

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 11:56:49 am »
Looks good to me, but it sounds like you would have to convince Sjarel Ex to be 100% sure.  :(

gerspee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 10:55:22 am »
That's the frustration on this art for me  :o everybody is relying his judgment on them so difficult to get a verdict from other experts on Dutch  art like this