Author Topic: 24K gold china from Arzberg Bavaria  (Read 2484 times)

AmyJo

• View Profile
24K gold china from Arzberg Bavaria
« on: November 13, 2005, 10:46:31 am »
Hi,

My father-in-law inherited a beautiful set of 24K Gold china that is stamped "Arzberg Bavaria" on the back.  It's not gold rimmed...the whole thing (except for the bottom of each piece) has this intricately designed floral gold overlay, even on the inside of the tea cups.  The cups, tea pot, creamer and sugar bowl are square-shaped, and the outside of the plates are somewhat scalloped.  There is a platinum scene in a circle that is in the center of each piece...it is the silhouette of a man holding his top hat and a cane, holding the hand of a woman in a dress with a 3/4 length poufy skirt.

We don't know anything about the value of this, or anything about the background of it, and are hoping to find some information.  I'd appreciate any help.  

Thanks so much!

jbadovinac@cox.net

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:44:02 pm »
Can you post pics?  Especially of the backstamp?  There were several companies in Arzberg area that might help identify -

You can scroll Arzberg on this site but you might not find your pattern:

www.replacements.co m

you may be able to better identify marks here:

www.porcelainmarksa ndmore.com    this is the premiere site for Germany marks -

Your set sounds like art deco era to me - 1920's 1930's  but that is just what I am picturing - Best wishes on your search - KB

AmyJo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:59:26 am »
Thank you so much for the information...I will do what I can to post pics.  I really appreciate your help!!!