Author Topic: How is everyone doing?  (Read 1635 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
How is everyone doing?
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:23:26 am »
The forum has been EXTREMELY slow.  Without the constant chatter of helping aid/assist people with their treasures....hard to keep up with how everyone is doing. 

Please check in and let us know how you are faring during this crazy time of limitations and an altered lifestyle due to COVID.

Me/my family are doing well.  Starting construction to correct all the winter damage from last year's Icemageddon here in Texas.  (Been hard to get supplies/workers/etc.) 

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: How is everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 06:16:37 am »
Last year was the best antiques year ever. So many treasures.

Just learned yesterday I was exposed to the latest COVID. I'm not in a panic, because that's become so widespread and common. Nevertheless.......
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 06:13:01 pm »
Yes Ghopper,, never the less keep your eye out for it and get to the Dr if you have symptoms ! 
I had the first two vaccinations but since I never even have colds am skipping the boosters ! 
Hope everyone stays well  !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 02:10:34 pm »
We are doing fine, so far we've been able to avoid the virus and have kept my mom safe from it. I miss all of you, we used to talk so often! I think the slowdown is due to most forums migrating over to social media. I just came from the home of a friend's father who was an antique collector and was gifted several armloads of 18th century iron hearth pieces, so I will put those up shortly.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 08:46:48 pm »
Is doing well here, remodeled the master bath last month & having oak floors refinished now. All the furniture is in a storage unit in the driveway at the moment, final coat is this Monday, be glad to get the house back!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 09:48:32 am by jacon4 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 06:16:02 pm »
Good to hear from y'all!  jacon4 I know you will be glad to get your home back to full living. 

Can't wait to see all of your treasures talesofthesevenseas!

ghopper hope you are well.

Mart, stay well!  Enjoy the cool but pretty days we have been having!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 10:52:00 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have not been stopping by as much. New job: back teaching computers to grade school students rather than high school.  There are so few post but I like to come by once in awhile and read anything that isn’t spam.
Healthy, vaccinated, boosted.
Immediate family has avoid the pandemic, with the exception of one cousin that spent 74 days on a respirator, 4 months in rehab, leg braces, still cannot drive.
I have replaced the daily interaction on this forum with things like Facebook and Match.com. Always hopeful I will find a nice guy!
Wishing you all spring dreams can’t wait to get back outside.
 Carol
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2022, 06:51:16 pm »
O had a close friend that used Match.Com and found a very nice and well to do gentleman !  They are very happy in Arizona !  Just be careful !  Check them out well !  Good luck and let us know !

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 04:29:55 am »
Glad to hear you are doing good, staying busy and healthy Pelady!

Just be careful like Mart said - check out those possibles.  Have had friends and my kids have mostly good experiences and a few "now way you are like your profile" moments!  :)

nuvimy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2022, 05:56:48 am »