Author Topic: Does anyone know if this is worth anything?  (Read 1330 times)

deanah

• View Profile
Does anyone know if this is worth anything?
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:49:47 pm »
HI,
I found a cross and thought it was really neat. When I got home I got looking at it better and I seen something reall odd, which I do not know what it means. I will describe it to you. The cross says in tiny letters on the back Germany. It is silver in color with black in the center. It has Christ on it an the little sign above his head.  On the back it has like a flower shape. It has it looks like little pins through Jesus' hands, legs and through the sign above his head. The strange thing about it is there is a scull with cross bones through it below him and that also has a pin through it. Is this a evil thing? I will get rid of it right away if it is. Does anyone know what this means or ever seen a necklace like this????? Thanks

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:08:13 am »
Well Christ or Jesus as they called him at the time came down to earth to save our souls, some people did not take to him and consequently nailed him to a wooden cross, it’s a old story but it is quite well known.
This has to be an American

deanah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 01:37:32 pm »
Yes, And I love Jesus! I just did not know what the scull with crossbones below his feet meant. I bought it to wear it but not I don't know if I should.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 08:13:51 pm »
the skull w. cross bone notwithstanding -

generally the cross with the Jesus figure on it is a Roman Catholic icon - the other details are those of the artist perhaps meant to add another death symbol - if you have doubts as to wearing it I would suggest that you contact your own religious advisor or perhaps your local Catholic parish priest -

There may also be a collectible and intrinsic value - is it sterling?  and the black in the center?  black wood?  enamel?  onyx?  is it larger than about 2" from top to bottom?  if so it may have been made for and worn by a member of a religious order.    Best wishes on your continued search.  KB

Guest_guest

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 08:16:41 am »
your cross is perfectly safe' to wear. the skull & crossbones represent. (GOLGATHA )  

deanah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 01:46:55 pm »
what is that? I am trying to get the story or some kind of understanding to it. Thanks so much for all your info.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 03:58:09 pm »
If you are so worried put it in the bin and praise be to Jesus

deanah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 06:49:33 pm »
Yes, praise to Jesus, Have a great day!