Author Topic: Plewkiewicz factory Warsaw  (Read 1741 times)

Savl007

• View Profile
Plewkiewicz factory Warsaw
« on: December 09, 2023, 09:33:54 pm »
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows much about this? We've had this set of fruit knives for several generations in our family and recently I started considering selling them. So, the first step was to investigate their origin, as my mother couldn't tell me much.
Judging by the stamp it seems to me these were probably silver plated in Plewkiewicz factory in Warsaw sometime between 1900 and 1914. But that's as far as I got. Is this actually worth anything "interesting" as a collectable item? Would there be much interest at all?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Attached are some photos of the item.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Plewkiewicz factory Warsaw
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 08:03:49 am »
It is very pretty the way it displays, I would try to find fan style knife holders by other manufacturers on eBay and see what terms they are using to list them. This would look fabulous on a fancy holiday table!
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 08:11:30 am »
I found some searching for this: antique silver knife holder caddy
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 07:59:02 pm »
Ooohhhhhh!  Nice set of antique/vintage fruit knives with stand.   
These are still a popular luxury item and the market is down some at this time.  But...I propose it will be back up within a couple of years. 
Just the family connection increases the value of these - on a sentimental level.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Savl007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 10:33:22 pm »
Thank you both, I appreciate the effort you guys took and looking into this. Welcome to 2024, by the way. :)

Yes, will check the ebay market, No rush in selling them, but good to know what asking price to go for, when the time comes. :)