Author Topic: Need help w/possible value of silver flatware  (Read 1244 times)

Linda9801

• View Profile
Need help w/possible value of silver flatware
« on: December 19, 2005, 04:18:28 pm »
Hello, I am also new to all of this and have recently received items from relatives after their passing.

I have a 26-piece silver set from WM. Rogers MFG. CO.  They come in a black, folding case with felt fabric inside; along with the gold stickers stating the company's name.  I'm not exactly sure how old they might be; but I suspect before the 1940's for sure.

Can anyone help as to what their possible value migh be?  Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:19:35 pm by Linda9801 »

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 04:35:33 pm »
They are probably silver plate.  If sterling they would say so or have .925 marked. And you can go here and search for your pattern:

www.replacements.co m

Best wishes in your continued searches and Merry Christmas.   KB

Linda9801

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:56:28 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  The only thing they say on each of them is WM. ROgers MFG. and  "SI".  What does that mean?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:57:11 pm by Linda9801 »

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:28:30 pm »
......most probable plate as KB stated..........SI is probably Roger and "Son International".  Post photos and perhaps we can determine pattern and age.
Tim

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 07:21:49 am »
People on here are sometimes to nice, what you have is some plated ware, which in truth is junk yes there are some items out there people looking for named pieces of  plate yours is not one, and the box they are in is probably worth mote then the items.
My suggestion would be to use them at Christmas dinner then after put them in the bin and save on the washing up