Author Topic: vaseline green salt and pepper shaker  (Read 1345 times)

mlstreich

• View Profile
vaseline green salt and pepper shaker
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:43:40 am »
I am trying to find out more information on a set of salt and pepper shakers that I have found. They are embossed with leaves going up the entire shaker, on the botton there are flowers. If anyone can give me ANY information at all - brand, year, worth - anything at all - I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a picture of one of them if anyone would like me to email them. Thanks in advance for any information!

mlstreich

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:46:05 am »
I am trying to find out more information on a set of salt and pepper shakers that I have found. They are embossed with leaves going up the entire shaker, on the botton there are flowers. If anyone can give me ANY information at all - brand, year, worth - anything at all - I would greatly appreciate it. I do have a picture of one of them if anyone would like me to email them. Thanks in advance for any information!
oops - i believe they are vaseline green -  

kerryandbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
sounds like depression glass - 1930' 1940's - - very collectible and can be $50 and up for the pair - condition, condition of the caps, etc.  Just so happens that I've done substantial research lately on these beauties - suggest you go to e-bay and browse thru category of - -depresson  green glass salt and peppers - - there are reproductions right now but most of what you see should clearly state depression type or copy of - etc.   Or just google for it - but use the term somewhere of depression glass as that's what they sound like - best wishes, KB