Author Topic: Pioneer Stove Works?  (Read 2666 times)

JohnRich

• View Profile
Pioneer Stove Works?
« on: March 23, 2006, 05:25:03 pm »
During a hike in the desert of southwest Texas, I ran across an old cast iron stove, which I suspect is from an old ranch site in the early 1900's.  I'd like to know something about the manufacturer, if possible, as a means of dating the old ranch site.  The inscription on the side of the stove reads: "Pioneer Stove Works, Leavenworth, Omaha, Denver".  I've not been able to find a thing about this company on the internet.  Does anyone here have any knowledge of the dates this company was in existance?

Stove Photo #1

Stove Photo #2

View from the bluff where the stove was found.

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Pioneer Stove Works?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 06:21:04 pm »
john that company was working in 1892 starting date. no ending date. got your metal detector tuned and ready?

JohnRich

• View Profile
Pioneer Stove Works?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:19:57 pm »
john that company was working in 1892 starting date. no ending date. got your metal detector tuned and ready?
that company was working in 1892 starting date

Thanks for that info.  What is your source for that knowledge?

It was hard enough to hike way out there just with my backpack.  I don't know if I'd have the energy to haul a metal detector too.  Although that would sure be interesting.  And it's in a National Park (Big Bend) where collecting artifacts is forbidden.  

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

Pioneer Stove Works?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 07:08:05 pm »
lot's of sources. vintage catologs ( maine antiques  digest ) pay site. among others. book's years collecting. own more than my local library. as far as antiques go. last the old relaible computer.