Author Topic: Queen Anne Tea Cup and Saucer  (Read 2326 times)

Ellenshar

• View Profile
Queen Anne Tea Cup and Saucer
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:33:02 pm »
Does anyone know whether this is a vintage cup, or a more modern piece?  I am getting confused with researching all the markings and trying to figure out what mark was used in what year.

I was also wondering if it makes a difference (value-wise) if there is this much gold on the item?

Thanks.

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Queen Anne Tea Cup and Saucer
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:57:45 pm »
Of newer vintage. Stoke, Staffordshire, England, circa 1964 to present. Kovels dictionary of pottery/porcelain.

Ellenshar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:10:05 pm »
Thanks Tim.

My other question was about the amount of gold on the cup - most of the sets I have only have a little bit of gold, but this one is almost covered in it.  I was just wondering if that makes it more valuable.

I am also thinking of buying a book to help me with my research (I get lost doing it on the internet and get sidetracked).  Do you recommend the Kovels book- or is there another book that would help me?   

Thanks.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:12:58 am »
that's a gold luster cup. known as luster ware.It would sell in the $20.00 to $25.00 Dollar range.

As for book's. kovel's is ok for a starter

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 10:08:32 am »
As D&B stated Kovels is one of many. Jim&Susan Harran also have some books on cup & saucers. Many other books/authors on porcelain, etc.

Always room to learn.............. .. ;)

Ellenshar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 01:40:27 pm »
Thanks - I just bought the 2009 Harran Cups and Saucers book yesterday.  Sure some pretty collectibles in there.  However, it doesn't cover all the cups and saucers I have collected over the years (i.e. the marks), but it does help more with my research.  Will be going to a collector's show this weekend, so I have a better idea of what to look out for. For one thing, I never knew about the "ringing" of the cups.  In the end, I end up buying because I like the looks, not for the value.

Thanks again for all your help.