Author Topic: Multiple Antiques. Resale Price?  (Read 1155 times)

R_johnson246

• View Profile
Multiple Antiques. Resale Price?
« on: August 13, 2006, 05:14:46 pm »
A friend of mines elderly relative passed away in around 2001 in New Jersey. I unfortuanely misplaced my friends number YEARS ago, and I only have the mans name who passed away, his nephews name, his old address, and many of his antiques.
 I presume since many of his things are old, then his residents where he lived is old also. But here is the list of the multiple things that he owned:

1. Tennyson "Invincible" Cigar Box, wooden/cardboard, original stamp on outside, looks as if it was on a store shelf. on the inside it is a picture of a man, and says "Mazer-Cressman Cigar Co.Inc., Makers" and "Lord Tennyson". It is filled with papers to the brim on the inside, full of documents and papers from a book and news paper articles on airplanes and other military crafts.

2. Very VERY old Native American indian oil lamp that has a crack on the bottom of it. Looks as if it was put together with some sort of mud or plaster. I presume it is extremely old, and well fragile.

3. I have this painting that came from his attic, it is an oil painting of a cottage and a mountain with a bridge crossing the water to connect to the cottage. It is EXTREMELY large, and is painted on a canvas. The frame is Dark wood. It is signed "P. Klaus". I cant find any information on the artist.

4. He had an an old oil burning plain white glass lamp with little suns on the bottom of it going around the sides. On the Thumb Wheel, it says "P&A Mfg Co. Waterbury, Connecticut. Made in the USA"

5. This was actually from my Neighbor who passed away around the same time, it was a little wind up tin racer car. It is red and says MG on the front and back of it. And is in near great condition. Im not exactly sure on its age, but the MG brand itself goes back quite far. Im also not sure of the type of MG car it is.

6. A beautiful old plastic(?) clock is also part of his little collection that says "mastercrafters" in the middle. A girl swinging on a swing is on the bottom of it, and swings back and forth. It has a plug on it that represents how old this thing really is.

7. He also had plenty of books:
(a) one was called "Our Day in the Light of Prophecy" by Review and Herald Pub. Assn. (no date),
(b) another was "Prose and Poetry and Appreciation" by Maline-McGucken and says Mc Graw on the side. And was published in 1935 by The LW Singer Company.
© Next, is "With Edged Stones" and is a Novel by Henry Seton Merriman. It has a publication date of 1894 © by Harper & Brothers.
(D) Transaction, Volume 41 copyright 1919 by The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
(E) The Land of Mexico by Charles Morris, very very old and has a date that says 1914 by L.T. Myers.

8. A blue lamp with flowers that my Great Great Aunt gave me with leaves of multiple colors. It is a farely large lamp of colored glass or porcelain. I has a replica of a tree on it that holds the glass leaves in place, and has two people or angels on the bottom of it.

9. He also had a tray that was cream colored and it had metal rods on the outside of it. I presume that it was used with the silverware. It is in perfect condition, and has a depiction of a grey bird flying.

10. Next is some sort of illustration or painting of Lake Hopatcong. It says in the corner "No. 918" and in the picture there is a lake with a boat on it, next to a dock, and a house in the distance.

11. There is a slim Almanac with SWAMP-ROOT Dream book with a Native American on the front. It says Dr. Kilmer & Co., BingHampton, N.Y. copyright 1933

12. An illustration of some sort that depicts US Bombers over The U.S. Capital building in Washington, D.C.. It also Shows the U.S. Flag being flown above the bombers. I presume that the Bombers were of the WWII era.

13. Lastly, I have many many cars of the 1920's-1930's eras. They are miniture push cars that are no bigger than your finger, built of plastic. Multiple pieces have fallen off of them in recent years and some are in perfect shape. They all role perfect, and have all the wheels. I have 2 Mercedes that say 1928 and are yellow, and say Made in france, Another Mercedes that is fairly larger that is made of Metal, and says Made in China, scale= 1/38 540K. 2 more cars are in great condition  and are tan and are Packards. and date to 1930, Made in France. Last but not least, I have a blue car that is says Hispano Suiza Torpedo. and has a number on the bottom "H88 1922" (is this the year?) and is also made in France.

So that is my little collection, that is like a gift from the "Mystery Man". I wish I can find a relative of his. I am interested in selling, but what can i get for the above items? But I know that when he past away, his attic was raided and many of his belongings was raided by Vandals, Busted &Broken by a clean-up crew that was called in to "get rid of his things". I know his name was Alton Johnson. And I have several letters of his and school work from his nephew, Samuel Johnson's School. And a letter from Samual to Alton. He lived in New Brunswick, NJ. If anyone may have an inquiry or know any family members or have any questions, please feel free to contact me! R_Johnson246@yahoo.com

I think I may have found his classified ad in a paper in NY. It fits his description, he loves america, as so is said in his letters, and fought in many wars and was inlisted in the military and died in this time frame. Maybe this is him...
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...756C0A9679C8B63
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:19:17 pm by R_johnson246 »