Author Topic: Wagon Wheels  (Read 2060 times)

nontyp

• View Profile
Wagon Wheels
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:45:51 pm »
I have a set 2 front, 2 back wagon wheels, I have had these forever.  My grandpa had them and then I got them.  We decided since we have not done anything with them (we were going to put them at the end of the driveway at one time) it is time to sell them, my question is where would I look to sell them?  I live in Michigan.  Who buys old wagon wheels?  I called a couple of antique dealers in the area and they don't buy stuff like that just mainly house hold.  Any suggestions?  I know they are worth around $1000 or more just because of the age.

Tim

• View Profile
Wagon Wheels
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:53 am »
Some variations come into play with old wagon wheels. Condition, steel rims, diameter of the wheel, etc. I can't imagine an antique shop not interested in them. They are still used for wagon repair or yard ornaments. However, I come from the Midwest where they are still seen from time to time. In my area a nice wheel will usually bring $100 tops at auction. There should be dealers that would be interested but remember a dealer has to also make a profit. Selling on-line is difficult because of shipping. You'll have to broaden your search.

kcantiques

• View Profile
Wagon Wheels
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 09:27:08 pm »
Agreed...it takes a special buyer for old wagon wheels and you would be surprised by the number of covered wagons and regular buckboard wagons still in existence.  I have seen complet wagons go for 4 or 500 dollars...