Author Topic: Large Race Car With Driver  (Read 2517 times)

beesbhive

• View Profile
Large Race Car With Driver
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:47:14 pm »
Hi, This is my first time posting on this site.  I am glad to see so many familiar names!  I have a large racing car, not sure of the material it is made of wood or plastic maybe ceramic.  The wheels are rubber, can anyone tell me about this type of collectable?  Thank You! I forgot to mention that it measures 21" long 8" to the top of his head!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:53:37 am by beesbhive »

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
Re: Large Race Car With Driver
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 11:45:28 pm »
Great picture. Looks like the wheels are metal, perhaps a soft iron or brass/copper?
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:57:15 pm »
Any markings on him at all? He looks like some of the newer resin items seen in today's gift shops. Hard to tell from the photos though and my eyes aren't what they use to be.

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:45:47 am »
I would say the same thing Tim, with the faked antiquing on it and all. but those wheels look more custom and quality than I would expect on one of those resin pieces. Click on the picture for a much bigger version of the picture.. he loaded a big one.
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

beesbhive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 04:24:05 pm »
Hi, This is my first time posting on this site.  I am glad to see so many familiar names!  I have a large racing car, not sure of the material it is made of wood or plastic maybe ceramic.  The wheels are rubber, can anyone tell me about this type of collectable?  Thank You! I forgot to mention that it measures 21" long 8" to the top of his head!

Hi, Thank you all for the replies.  I know the wheels are rubber with heavy metal spokes.  I took off the back wheels and discovered a grayish color like plaster where the wheel rubbed so...I guess that makes it a resin? and the driver which is permanent to the car is heavier but the same material I would think!  No real value to resin?? Again Thank You All !!

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:06:20 pm »
Not necessarily resin. It's just sometimes difficult to tell from photos, especially with no markings to lead us in any direction. You need to have it looked at by someone who can do a hands on inspection. Perhaps an antique dealer in your area or friend of a friend who collects toys, etc.