Author Topic: Another identification thread. Does anyone know how old this chair is?  (Read 1148 times)

rkm

• View Profile
I have a chair that I am thinking about getting rid of.  All I know is that it is antique and a minister owned it at one point.  I have his name and picture.  However I can't locate the church.  Anyway.  It looks to be untouched.  Any idea on Make, age and value would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

rkm

• View Profile
Re: Another identification thread. Does anyone know how old this chair is?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 08:43:01 pm »
I found out some information on the original owner.  I have a sewing machine dated back into the 1800's and their was an article in a paper about the sewing machine.  In this article their was an elderly woman recalling her grandmother using this machine.  Later in the article it is revealed that she was married to a minister (the owner of my chair)  It gave some name of a ministry and his full name.  We called, the ministry group and they sent me detailed information on the owner when he was born, died, wife and where he practiced and when he stopped practicing.  He started his teachings in 1891, North Pa , he moved to some 14 different churches until he found himself retiring in 1923.  He passed at the age of 62.  I was looking into the history of this owner, because I knew of his background.  I was wanting to give this chair and a old photo of him back to his Church.  If they wanted it.  I somehow don't think anyone will remember this chair or maybe even him.  He bounced from church to church every 3 years it seems.  Well maybe this can give a little history on the chair and now I wonder of it's actual age and value.

In case I confused anyone.  I do have a very old sewing machine.  Documented and everything.  This chair came from the same estate.  I ended up with some really interesting stuff on the unfortunate passing of a family friend.  I also found a confederate officers sword at the house.  I was told it was modified by the officer to fit his side better while riding.  It was more for show than anything.  Very cool find.  It was on the porch of the old house the lady lived in.  I just so happened to look up and it was jammed into the rafters and all I saw was the handle.

Anyway any more information on the age make or value of the chair would be appreciated.

Thanks