Author Topic: Shakespeare's Works, Henley Edition Set  (Read 1780 times)

mediapug

• View Profile
Shakespeare's Works, Henley Edition Set
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »
Hello, I came across a set of books that include all of Shakespeare's works in ten volumes.  For months I have been scouring the Internet trying to find more information that would give me an idea of its value.  So far I've only come across stray copies in poor to fair condition, but never a complete set.  The copyright date says 1912, and the publisher says P.F. Collier and Son.  I've not been able to find a single copy that matches up completely though.  My set has red boards with gold veining and leather binding, whereas all the copies I found are either blue or black.  I suspect it's a reprint, being that the gold veining looks like something I've seen on books printed in the forties or fifties but I'm not positive on that either.  Can anybody help??? Thanks!

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Shakespeare's Works, Henley Edition Set
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:47:42 am »
Ha, ha, ..... all volumes of Shakespear's works are reprints of his writings. ;D ;D

Mediapug, sounds like you have a good "collectable" set and should contact a dealer in "old books".

If Barnes & Nobles are/was selling newly published ones similar to your described ones, ........

Looky here ....

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/428557.THE_YALE_SHAKESPEARE_COMPLETE_WORKS_Leather_Bound