Author Topic: Hekman secretary desk  (Read 1987 times)

agreeneyes

Hekman secretary desk
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:59:11 pm »
I purchased this several years ago from an antique shop so I assummed it is old.  It says Hekman Furniture Company Grand Rapids Michigan on the inside of the drawer.  The pictures don't show it very well,  and the legs look slanted but they're not.  Hope you can make it out if not I can move it to a place with better lighting for the pictures.  I'm not sure this is the original finish, it's in pretty good condition.  The drawer has several sections and the writing area pulls out for better access.  There are several different dividers for storing papers etc and a small drawer in the center and the desk has nice carved detail on the front.  Do you have any idea the age of this and possibly its value.
By the way I love your sight it's so nice to be able to ask questions and receive answers from very knowledgeable people.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:06:06 pm by agreeneyes »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Hekman secretary desk
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:24:47 am »
WOW, nice piece.

I just had to do a Google, ...... and found this

http://www.hekmanfurnitureonline.com/HM-7-4595.html?cat=63&page=1

At the bottom of the page of that url is a "Contact Us" which you might query them as to the age of your piece.

agreeneyes

Re: Hekman secretary desk
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:52:49 am »
Thank you I sent them an email, they may be able to tell me the age.  If they respond I can send them pictures I don't think they will be able to give me an estimate on the value, but I do appreciate your help.