Author Topic: Barye old bronze rabbit sculpture: how much is it worth?  (Read 1717 times)

Drewsuff321

• View Profile
Barye old bronze rabbit sculpture: how much is it worth?
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:13:31 pm »
How much is this old rare Barye hand-made bronze sculpted rabbit. I'm not sure but from what I have seen online I'm pretty sure it's worth a lot. thanks for helping all. Any Buyers? message me.

railman44

• View Profile
Re: Barye old bronze rabbit sculpture: how much is it worth?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:09:35 pm »
A lot of the worth rests in the size of the bronze and the authenticity (lots of recasts of virtually everything).  My first question would be if it's foundry marked?  Lots of his work was marked with a foundry mark "FB" (per <askart.com> website).  Per eBay, most of his sculptures seem to be in the UK and the ones that do sell bring in the neighborhood of $300 to $400.  I would think in that price range they are recasts.  Barye lived long ago and was a perfectionist.  He, like most living artists, went bust financially.  It's only a guess, but I would think if yours is the genuine article and of any size, it should be worth some fairly decent dough.  My advice would be to take it to a source of authority and have them document the authenticity.  Without documentation, most buyers will assume it's a recast.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Barye old bronze rabbit sculpture: how much is it worth?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »
that's very good advice. and I noticed you never tryed to clean it and DON'T.