Author Topic: Looking for information on Bronze Pan Figurines  (Read 2462 times)

Angela24k

• View Profile
Looking for information on Bronze Pan Figurines
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:36:14 pm »
Hello, I was hoping that someone might know what these are. I purchased these Bronze Pan Figures at the Brimfield Antique Show in Massachusetts around 1987. I paid $200 for them. The person who sold them to me did not know what they were, only that they were bronze.

There is a piece that sticks out on both sides of each pan which looks as if you would put a nail or bolt through it to secure these figurines to something. They are 8 inches tall and very heavy.

I would love to know what these are! Also, if you think they have increased in value since purchased.

Thank you for any help.
Angela-

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:39:12 pm by Angela24k »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Bronze Pan Figurines
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:06 pm »
Are these bookends?

Are there any markings on them at all?  Look very carefully along the base - even in the handiwork.

I am wondering what is sticking out at the base of both of these?  Can you please post a picture of the base?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:29:01 am »
KC, they look to be "mounting" brackets with holes for screws.

Angela24k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 09:13:36 am »
I see no markings on them. But I do see a tiny hole on the back of each one which looks like it was put there purposely. One hole is obvious but the other is clogged.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 10:35:05 am »
Oops, forgot to ask, what at the dimensions?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Angela24k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:45 pm »
They stand 8 inches tall. From shoulder to shoulder is 2 inches. The open part at the bottom is 4 1/4 inch long by 2 inches. These measurements do not include the mounting loops on the side.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 08:19:00 pm »
From the way these are made,, my first impression is that they were on a carriage of some sort !!  That's the only thing I can think of that would require those mounting brackets like that !! Bolted on !! Back shows wear !!