Author Topic: Refinish old Rogers silverplate chest  (Read 1643 times)

ppuffer

• View Profile
Refinish old Rogers silverplate chest
« on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:54 pm »
Hi

I have a set of Rogers Silverplate in its original case, but the finish on the case is quite damaged.  I plan on selling, and I am concerned that if I refinish it, that will decrease the value.  I have seen other cases on eBay and they are in better condition considering the age.  Mine is circa 1941.  I would appreciate any suggestions.  I suspect the whole package will sell for ~$130 if the case is in better condition, but I don't want to devalue it.  Thanks in advance.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Refinish old Rogers silverplate chest
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:15:03 am »
it's alway's a tough question. antique furniture with original finish. top dollar. I don't think the value will increase that much refinished.

ppuffer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:25:17 pm »
it's alway's a tough question. antique furniture with original finish. top dollar. I don't think the value will increase that much refinished.
I am concerned that I would lose money if I refinished it.  The current finish is awful.  Thanks D&b

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:39:01 am »
Give it a coat of Old English Furniture Polish and I am sure it will llook just fine.

ppuffer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 01:24:35 pm »
Give it a coat of Old English Furniture Polish and I am sure it will llook just fine.
I'll give that a try.  Thanks  :)