Author Topic: Ironstone U.S.A pitcher and bowl... any value??  (Read 8367 times)

JoshandLila

• View Profile
Ironstone U.S.A pitcher and bowl... any value??
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »
Hi folks, I grabbed this pitcher and bowl at the thrift store for $3.74, I see alot of ironstone for sale on ebay and I was wondering if this is a collectable piece and what a fair price for it would be. Its marked Ironstone USA on the bottom of the basin and Ironstone with a star on the bottom of the pitcher. The prices are ranging pretty wildly, worst case scenario I wasted $4 and somebody will get it for Christmas :P thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:47:16 pm by JoshandLila »
"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
H. G. Wells

mart

• View Profile
Re: Ironstone U.S.A pitcher and bowl... any value??
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:07:07 pm »
No huge collector value !!  But if you advertise it and show it in a Shabby Chic setting,, it would probably sell well if its a larger size !! Price was right !!! I would have picked it up at that !!

JoshandLila

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:40:54 pm »
thanks mart, well if I sell it for $20 thats 5x's what i got it for so good enough.. thanks again
H. G. Wells

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »
Darn, if those are full size (or near to it) and I were closer they would fast become a gift for my manager for Christmas. She has an old washstand in her bathroom and has always wanted a pitcher and basin for it. Two admirers way up here! ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »
Even the newer ones sell for around $35. here Sapphire !!  Maybe you can cut a deal on this one !!

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 05:43:13 pm »
Haha, I think shipping would scare the bejeezus out of me.  After seeing upwards of $30 for some pairs of earrings (shipping) I'm scared to even contemplate anything larger.   

Finding a nice set around me (which would likely mean a shop/dealer) I'd be looking at $125 and upwards.  I love working for her but not paying more for her gift than I do for hubby's  :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:14:01 pm »
You are kidding !!  I just looked at a cookware set for my daughter and checked on shipping for an 11 piece set,,good heavy stuff, from Canada to Texas and it was only $30. standard intl shipping !! So if you gave $20. and shipping was $30. you are way ahead !! Whoever you got the earrings from ripped you off !!

JoshandLila

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:40:10 pm »
Well if you change your mind, I wouldnt charge a penny more than shipping costs  :) We were out garage saling yesterday and I found the perfect accent piece for this, a cast iron stand covered in roses... I think itl make it sell alot faster as a package. what do you think?
H. G. Wells

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »
Wow! That looks awesome together. Like they were made for each other and just waiting to meet up. Was just picturing the stand in white, now that would really catch the eye  ;)

BTW, thanks so much for the offer, but I think that would still go beyond what I could really put out for a gift for her.  Ahh, to have married into money. 

Oh and mart, if I had ordered those earrings hubby would have booked me a rubber room.  :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 03:11:13 am »
Oh Yes !! It would look perfect in creamy white !!