Author Topic: How old is this womans compact?  (Read 2018 times)

Detectingfreak

• View Profile
How old is this womans compact?
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:23:26 pm »
I found it metal detecting at my uncles 1889 house. It is 3.7 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Says Deepe on the top but on the bottom, I can't make it out. Looks like selfish? People say its from the 30's to 40's era. Please help identify.

Thank you for your time guys! :)

Detectingfreak

• View Profile
Re: How old is this womans compact?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »
It says Deere on the top. Then it says Reich Ash New york on the bottom.

dontbe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antique-shop.com
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:43:43 am »
That has to be fun to do Detectingfreak. have you found anything else. I'd be interested in a picture of the place you found it. how old is the house?

My mom always wanted to get a metal detector.. and she always liked old stuff. I guess thats where I got it from myself.
Go to My Webpage
to talk about antiques and check on upcoming antique related events

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »
Can you please list the dimensions?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »
that's a nice find. a pity about the condition. but still a keeper it's from the art deco time frame. 1920's thru the 30's. I used a white's 5000 D for years.

checked out a Garrett Gta 350 a few years ago.no time to get out and use it. but it will easely detect a nickel at 8 inch's.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 05:11:29 pm »
Late 30's!  Unfortunately the condition doesn't make it of much value....but the venture and discovery make it fun! 

I have always wanted to explore with a detector.  Many years ago on some of our property in FL there were several dilapidated homes that had belonged to a swedish community. As kids we loved to go there and explore.  Found lots of broken plates, a few perfume bottles.  I guess that is what spurred my love for the search...wondering who owned items...  Would have loved to have a detector then! 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!