Author Topic: Oriental Design Lamp with brass base and finial.  (Read 1438 times)

aoneko

• View Profile
Oriental Design Lamp with brass base and finial.
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:38:52 am »
Hello,

I am very new to this forum and to collectables.  I tried to research this lamp online, but could not find anything similar, or I didn't know it was similar.

I would appreciate any thoughts about my lamp that I purchased on Ebay about 9 years ago.  I can't remember much about the Ebay description and I can't remember how much I paid for it.  I believe it would of been less than $50.00 dollars.

It's 29 inches tall from the top of the finial to the base.  It's a light blue with darker blue "flowers" and gold chrysanthemum painted on the ceramic (porcelain?) base.  There was no lampshade with the purchase.

The base is felted with brown colored felt under each clawfoot.  Under the base, there is a mark L L.

Thanks in advance for any help with providing information such as age and value.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Oriental Design Lamp with brass base and finial.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:34:03 pm »
you can see the japanese influence in this lamp. about $ 75.00 Dollars. and interior Decorator would easely pay $ 125.00 Dollars.

aoneko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I've been looking for the right shade and keep it in my asian style living room.  I am wondering what decade this is from?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:31:56 pm by aoneko »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:01 am »
It has the style of the 50's

aoneko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »
The 50'S!!!  I love it.  Thanks for your help.