Author Topic: Porcelain Basket Vazquez  (Read 1755 times)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Porcelain Basket Vazquez
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:17:23 pm »
     O.k. here is a my nail biter tonight, just acquired this Porcelain Basket,  It was a fine in the thrift store,  At first I thought yea that may make a couple of bucks, however the better Half (girl friend) thinks we are looking at something in style in the early 1900's.  Started to look around a bit, found some various Vazquez porcelain and cermanic makers.  They look a bit high price well sought after pieces.  Also she right now has just found a couple of the same style in the early 1900's going for high end 200.00 to 350.00.  My question is where else can I look for information, or does anyone have a spare bit of knowledge that will lead to the the Truth ;).

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Porcelain Basket Vazquez
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:52:06 am »
I know this style was popular...my grandmother had lots of these items sitting around....collectin g dust.....I had to help dust.....so I didn't appreciate them back then!  So intricate!

I personally am not familiar with Vazquez....but will help with the hunt.  B&d seems to be in the know on all this!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:15:52 pm »
if we look carefully at the feet. we can see they are not glazed. a sign of and early piece. $75.00 to $100.00 Dollars.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:03 pm »
    Thanks DB you rock ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 02:01:31 pm »
D&b you are tops!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!