Author Topic: T. Wallis & Co. Limited vanity  (Read 2825 times)

jwells

• View Profile
T. Wallis & Co. Limited vanity
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:48 pm »
Hello everyone. I recently acquired an antique vanity, which I was told was over 100 years old. There is a plaque on the inside of the top drawer, which is gold colored and untarnished - which I'm actually thinking is real gold, all the hardware on the piece is tarnished, and even the nails holding the plaque on are tarnished. Anyway, the plaque says, "T. Wallis & Co. Limited, Holborn Circus, London".

I've done some Google searches and have found a few references to the company from the late 1800's to early 1900's, but they don't really say anything about it.

Anyway, it's a really pretty vanity, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about T. Wallis & Co. or give me any idea of how much it is worth. I'm posting some pictures of the item, with the mirror unattached.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:50:37 pm by jwells »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: T. Wallis & Co. Limited vanity
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 11:23:45 am »
you have and English Dressing table. about 1890 1900 $650.00 Dollars, Here again we have too watch those shops we could see $ 900.00 Dollars.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:10:25 pm »
I agree D&b.

Also, the inside tag isn't made of real gold.  Just another type of metal mix that won't tarnish like true brass will.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jwells

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 03:49:25 pm »
Thanks for the help guys! :)