Author Topic: Piano accordion  (Read 1706 times)

don1936

• View Profile
Piano accordion
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:55:07 pm »
I have a piano accordion that was given to me in 1950.  The name on it, which I assume is the manufacturer, is B Burini.  It's in almost perfect condition.  Any idea of it's value.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Piano accordion
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:58:03 pm »
B Burini stands for Ballone Burini - the manufacturer of your accordian - located in Castelfidardo - a town and commune in the province of Ancona, in the Marche region of central-eastern Italy - started in 1920.

Unfortunately we cannot give you a value - one would have to be determined by a knowledgeable person who has to visually inspect as well as play it to make sure it is in proper working order.  (We have an accordian player in the family - from the days of Lawrence Welk and his orchestra).

Contact your local music store to see if they can help you or refer you to someone that can help you.

In the meantime here is the English version of the website for Burini www.balloneburini.com/home.php?Lan=En
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

don1936

• View Profile
Re: Piano accordion
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 11:11:25 am »
Thanks KC for your input.  I'll take it to our local music shop and see if they can give me any more info.  Again, Thanks