Author Topic: antiques, legal ivory, collectibles and... NO EBAY  (Read 4360 times)

spencer55

• View Profile
antiques, legal ivory, collectibles and... NO EBAY
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:38 pm »
We are an antique dealership located in NYC.  We have been in the business for over 30 years and the last 10 on Auction Giants Ebay.  We ahve developed an alternative online community for buyers and sellers to collaborate online to sell their antiques and collectibles UNLIKE Ebay we offer...

• No listing Fees
  • The sale of Legal Ivory carvings and sculptures
  • Premier customer service - we help you list you items online

Visit us today at www.antiquespider.c om to buy, sell and most importantly tell us how we're doing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:56:37 pm by spencer55 »

Chris_Marshall

Re: antiques, legal ivory, collectibles and... NO EBAY
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:46 am »
Loads of misrepresented/fake items in the German-related group of items I looked at. People like me really *love* to see offers on 'Genuine Dresden' only to find out they carry the marks from manufacturers in China, the Philippines and even Sri Lanka. Or offers that show the often laughed at and fake-as-hell 'nodding chinaman' claimed to have been made by Richard Klemm - a decoration studio that never produced anything, btw. As good informed customer I dropped your site exactly in that moment and I know that many other people will also instantly back out.

As long as 'antiques / collectible' sites don't crack down on problems or misrepresenting, cheating, scamming or worse 'customers', they'll never have a chance to get up and running. Ignored fake/cheat reports, unfair support of cheaters and no support in legal matters are only a few of the reasons people mention when leaving eBay - so why should they join a site that only offers the same bother in green? I know it's hard - especially when one starts off and needs every paying customer - but these cheating folks ruin the reputation of a business real fast.

One will never be able to crack down on all cheaters but monitoring and removing the common misrepresentations is a minimum standard. I'll have this site on my scope and will re-check again sometime.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: antiques, legal ivory, collectibles and... NO EBAY
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:02:52 pm »
BRAVO Chris Marshall!  No-one likes to be taken advantage of...even people who sell this stuff wouldn't like being sold "fakes" "imitations"!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!