Author Topic: Is this a Fenton lamp?  (Read 1998 times)

pernst

• View Profile
Is this a Fenton lamp?
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:42:42 pm »
Hi!  I inherited this lamp from Grandma and she told me that it is Fenton but I have searched and searched and cannot find it anywhere.  Can anyone help?

Randell15501

• View Profile
Re: Is this a Fenton lamp?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 08:51:52 pm »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:13:21 am »
I believe they call this a cranberry opalescent swirl lamp - I do not have the Fostoria book, maybe D&b has one and will take a peek tomorrow.  I have also seen this style referred to as a desk lamp?!?!?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 07:49:12 am »
I agree it's fenton. it would sell in the $ 250.00 to $ 300.00 Dollar range.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:24:40 am »
Wow...I did know it was Fenton...they both began with F and my eldest was trying her best to distract me! (shame on you fingers)!  So sorry!

Thanks cogar and D&b for the recovery!  At least got the Cranberry opalescent swirl right :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

pernst

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 08:25:03 pm »
Fostoria or Fenton?  Hmmmmmmmm.......... ...I even know the difference between those!!  :D  Actually, Grandma had lots of Fenton AND Fostoria!! 

Thanks for all the info.  Now I need to sit down and look over the web sites you gave me.  I cannot find any marks on the globe that indicate that it is Fenton.  Is this unusual? 

Thanks again and have a really great weekend.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 02:28:36 am »
Pernst, Fenton used paper labels to mark their glass up through 1969 then the name was molded into the glass. Lamp globes were probably never marked. I don’t think Fostoria ever marked their glassware, one just has to know what they are looking at.