Author Topic: DEP #1722  (Read 1226 times)

dave

• View Profile
DEP #1722
« on: October 20, 2003, 08:26:12 pm »
My name is Dave: 1st off I know nothing of Antiques or Collectables....I was given some pieces and have been researching or should I say trying to research any info I can on this 1st piece....

Description:  A boy is pulling what looks like a strawberry and a peach by the vine over his shoulder...the boy has curly white hair and what looks like colonial pants which are blue and white socks and brown shoes and a white shirt with a white tie that blends in....he has rosy pink cheeks ....maybe a French or Dutch boy.....
The Strawberry and Peach I believe to be a Peach not sure....are hollow from the back side.....

It is 4 1/2 inches tall and the same in length and 3 1/2 inches in width....and it weighs about 7 oz......

Markings:  on bottom it has DEP and what looks like a Sickle and what looks like 2 lines up and down through it like you would do for a dollor sign.... it also has the mold number 1722 on it........

If any one can tell me something about this I sure would appreciate it......I did learn tonight that Dep just means that it was registered....eithe r French or German....here I thought it meant Depression era....tee hee just to show how much I know.....

Thanks for any reply.......

Dave