Author Topic: Red Sleigh made by Fostoria  (Read 3184 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Red Sleigh made by Fostoria
« on: May 05, 2009, 04:34:20 am »
This is an informational post for those whose interest is in glassware.

The L.G. Wright Company of New Martinsville, WV was formed in the late 1930’S by Cy Wright when he acquired many old glass molds. He would then take them to different glass companies to have glass made, as he had no furnace.”

The following pictured Red Sleigh was made by Fostoria for Cy Wright.

There were three (3) sizes of this sleigh. The largest being 12” (pictured), an 8” one  and a smaller one. We still have the 8” one in our collection.

Other companies also made many different pieces for the L.G. Wright Company. For additional info and pictures of other items, see:

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/WALKMEMORYLANE/items/FENTON_FOR_L_G__WRIGHT_RUBY_OVERLAY_DOT_OPTIC_SYURP_PITCHER

http://www.hillhousewares.com/category6maker95.html

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Red Sleigh made by Fostoria
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:53:17 am »
Thank you' Cogar it's a never ending learning process.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:16:50 am »
Thanks cogar, can honestly say I haven't seen a glass red sleigh.  Love learning new things!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:34:55 am »
A little more info on them …… via correspondence dated 1987 from the Fostoria Glass Society, Moundsville, WV, they confirmed it was made by Fostoria and production ranged from the mid 60’s to the mid 70’s. They were only made for and sold by Cy Wright and the colors were Ruby, Green and Amber.

So, there is more of them out there somewhere ..... but those 2 Ruby ones are the only 2 we have ever seen.

Sam

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 08:42:28 am »
Thanks for sharing.  Another fun item to keep an eye out for.....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!