Author Topic: Ok this is a question about roper corporation bradley division.  (Read 1552 times)

tank

• View Profile
I really havent been able to find out much about this online.

Im not sure if its worth anything, but seems maybe it could be. I found a table with 6 chairs, under each of the chairs the tags are still there- Do not remove under penalty of law=Roper Corporation Lic N.O. N.Y. 38301 manufactured by bradley division. all still fairly new cndition.
The chairs are dark green flowered and the chair backs are shaped like an ironing board.Big rubber stoppers on legs.  I was told by aunt probably 50s early 60s? not sure just very curious now, please and thanks for the help. ;D

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Ok this is a question about roper corporation bradley division.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 03:42:11 am »
They would have been made after July 1, 1963 because that is the date that ZIP Codes were instituted by the USPS.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ok this is a question about roper corporation bradley division.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:00 am »
Interestingly enough, Roper bought The Bradley Co from Sear in 1966.   So, you are looking after '66!

This division produced farm equipment originally, then added garden products as well.  In the later years with Sears they did produce furniture., prior to closing in the 80's they added furniture.
"Traditionally, all sorts of agricultural items including wagons, rakes, binders, planters, etc. In the 20th century, the company added lawn and garden equipment, or items for the ‘sun down’ (small) farmer. In the end, Bradley made chain saws, furniture, barbecue grills and other items for sale through Sears."   http://www.davidbradley.net/FAQ.htm

http://www.davidbradley.net/History.htm

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!