Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 2303 times)

a5sniper

Can anyone help?
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:08 am »
I am looking to find some info on the 3 wheeled scooters in the attached photos.  The photos don't show very much.  What I do know is that my grandpa got them when he was a boy and he is 95 years old now.  He calls them "blue boys"?  I am not sure if that is the actual name or not. Any info would be greatly appreciated? 

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:34:30 am »
The problem is Blue BOY was used by numerous company's prior to world war two. as a trade mark. Auto wheel coaster co.,inc is likely to be the maker of this scooter

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
javascript:void(0);Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:12:05 am »
The pictures put a big smile on my face!  Those "scooters" are mighty sturdy to to be so old and support the weight of adults!!!

What is hard about this is that the word "scooter" has a different meaning now...than you are intending (A child's vehicle consisting of a long footboard between two small end wheels, controlled by an upright steering handle attached to the front wheel.).

Believe it or not, yours is usually still considered a tricycle - because of three wheels - thus tri-cycle.  Even tho it does not have pedals. (Although growing up we thought of them as toddler scooters,  foot scooters or more commonly known as a "trike" or "trike" scooter.)

There is a good site that has the most complete list I have seen of manufacturers of tricycles....they have a contact us section that you could possible send them the information.  Generally people with sites like this are more than happy to help you find the information....or may be tickled to find out a new trike they have never seen before!
http://www.tricyclefetish.com/

Best of luck to you!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:20:03 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

a5sniper

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:49:11 am »
Thanks for the info...yeah it was really great seeing them act like kids again!!! They were trying to race around the building, just like I remember doing 25 years ago. 

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:37:01 pm »
yes and he look's good ! I need his recipe for a youthfull look.

a5sniper

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 06:51:01 am »
I have some new pictures maybe they will help?

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 08:38:14 am »
The shape & style. look to be of H.C. white co. of vermont also known as a tri car ( 3 wheel) kiddy car etc.

a5sniper

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:08:53 am »
Thanks for the info...I think you maybe right. :) I am trying to find some more info like year of manufacturer and so on.  Not a lot on the internet.  Interesting to know that they made steroscopes then went back to making Kiddie Kars. 

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »
According to mark rich. Author of Toy's A to Z ( 2001) issue this style was popular in the 1920's. note the coil spring in the rear. sometime's the computer just does not tell us what we would like to know.

We have to resort to Ancient History, Book's.

a5sniper

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:09:00 pm »
Lol...thanks...I guess I have been so accustom to having everything at my finger tips... spoiled would probably be a more accurate statement.  Thanks for all of the info.  I will be passing it along to my grandfather.