Author Topic: Pocket Puzzle Solitaire game  (Read 991 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Pocket Puzzle Solitaire game
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »

Pocket Puzzle Solitaire game by PLASTRIX
PLASTRIX Co., Bklyn 8, N.Y.

This solitaire game which is still glued to the original card is one of two items which was just recently dug out of a box of mementos by my mother-in law who is 95 and given to the wife. The other item is a complete 1941 Esquire “Varga” calendar. The calendar is in great shape except yellowing of the January page. Both items belonged to the wife’s father.

I did a search on the I-net for the solitaire game and found absolutely nothing except a listing for a plastic “water pistol” made by the same company, I think. The company name listed for it was spelled PLAS-TRIX.

I would be interested in knowing what this game might be worth and the approximately year it was manufactured. I’m guessing 1940’s. That “Brooklyn 8” address really intrigues me.

Oops, forgot.

The card is 5 5/8” wide and 8” long
The game itself is 3 1/8” wide and 5” long

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:14:32 pm by cogar »

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Pocket Puzzle Solitaire game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »
typically these little game's sold for a Dollar. the company that sold them was pre world war two. they sold educational toy's link a beads ,puzzles and games for adults and children. rack toy's such as this game were there specialtie.

Blister packed as it is probable value $ 20.00 Dollars. Reference Mark rich toy's A to Z

They worked in to the early, 60's one of my favorites they sold was a bamboo fishing pole. string float lures etc $ 1.00 Dollar