Author Topic: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland  (Read 4013 times)

kflan19

• View Profile
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
« on: June 24, 2009, 08:30:29 am »
Hello I recently bought a book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and want to find out more information about it. I would like to find out how much its worth and when it was printed. It has no dates listed on it. The first two pages are blank and then theres a page with a stamp or signature of C.L. Dodgson. The next page is a illustration on the left and an the right is a title page that says "by Lewis Carroll with forty-two illustrations by John Tenniel" "Avenel Books A Division of Crown Publishers, INC. New York mnop" It is 192 pages and on the last page it says "R. Clay, and Taylor, Printers, Bread Street Hill.

So i did research by searching for  "R. Clay, and Taylor, Printers, Bread Street Hill." and i found a few pages with books that are described like mine and they say that the publisher published more books after the copyright ran out and that might be why there’s no dates but the book could be worth more if the illustrations are done with a wood stamp but they didn't say how to find that out. I also searched by the publishing company and didn't come up with very much information.

Please let me know if anyone has any information regarding this. I really appreciate anyones help. Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:53:04 am by kflan19 »

Tim

• View Profile
Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49:18 pm »
Judging from your photos it appears you have a later printing, IE: last 30 years or so.

First printed in 1865 with many, many printings. If you do a search here:

http://www.addall.com/Used/

you can come up with an approximate value to yours. Keep in mind that the prices on Addall are "For Sale" and not "Sold"................... .. 8)

Skinny

• View Profile
Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:52:38 pm »
Yeah, it's modern. Probably worth ten dollars or so.