Author Topic: Opinions from forum members ?  (Read 1792 times)

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Opinions from forum members ?
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »
Hi everybody .

I'm wondering what the members here think about perhaps having a forum section ( I know that it's not exactly something 'members' can do - we don't own the forum ) dedicated to websites that folks could use &/or be referred to use for research on all the questions that are posted here ... not to replace all the good info here from everybody , just to enhance it .

I'm suggesting it , for your consideration , as a means to further help members/posters here .

I see that many members have got great suggestions on websites , and perhaps centralizing them ( & adding to the proposed list , as it grows ) might be a boon to all ....( & prob more hits on the A-S.com site too ) .

Any opinions about this ?

railman44

• View Profile
Re: Opinions from forum members ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:02 am »
The general antique informational sites I've found are membership only.  Some of these 'membership' fees aren't exactly cheap.  I suppose there are some free sites but I have yet to find them with the exception of serial number sites like for Chelsea clocks.  Other 'free' sites are easily found by using Google or another search engine.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Opinions from forum members ?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 08:09:06 am »
Coach Gary tryed to put some thing to gether I think it's still up. but some times we just have to resort back to Book's be cause It just ''Ain't'' on the web.