Author Topic: Lenox China, Imperial Pattern P338  (Read 1648 times)

Penny V.

• View Profile
Lenox China, Imperial Pattern P338
« on: July 01, 2009, 08:31:44 pm »
Hi!   Thanks for all the great information provided on this site!  I am currently researching the Lenox China, Imperial Pattern so I can sell the 12 piece dinnerware set my son has inherited from his wife's estate.  It was originally owned by her mother, who was a congressman's wife.  I still need to get photos of the set, and get a closer look at the set to determine its condition and count the pieces.  From the views I have had, the set seems to be in very good condition, with most of the pieces still there.

Penny V.

Penny V.

• View Profile
Re: Lenox China, Imperial Pattern P338
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »
P.S.  I meant to ask if anyone could tell me what is the best way to go about selling this type of china.  Is it better to sell it as a total set or as replacement pieces?  I know this pattern is still popular, despite it being a discontinued Lenox pattern.  And thanks to this site, I now know that it is decorated with real 24-carat gold!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: Lenox China, Imperial Pattern P338
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:29 pm »
Just an opinion here ...based upon -

Would you rather have a set missing pieces or a whole set ?

I'd think keeping it together as a set would be best for selling .
If it's missing a couple of items , find a replacement source for prospective buyers .

Folks might pay a premium for a piece to complete their own set once in awhile , but yours would suffer the fate of being less complete for their sake .

If you sell it all @ 1 time , you won't have to store it/them !