Author Topic: Any idea about the value of a desk made by POWs in WW2  (Read 1496 times)

eewalkley

• View Profile
Any idea about the value of a desk made by POWs in WW2
« on: July 08, 2009, 04:22:33 pm »
I realize that WW2 doesn't exactly make this antique by some standards, but I am trying to find out the value of a desk made by Prisoners of War during this time period and I haven't found anything comparable.  The desk is large and beautifully constructed with dove-tailed drawers, a glass top, and 8 inch tall legs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Any idea about the value of a desk made by POWs in WW2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:37:37 pm »
first of all we would need some pictures. then some history as too what war. american pow's ? german etc.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:06 pm »
Would love to see the pics and get a little more info as well!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:09:30 am »
And provenance would be extremely important in this case since its not an "issued" item.  The number one rule in militaria collecting is "You have to lose the war for your stuff to be valuable"  there are exceptions to the rule but by far it holds true.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:40:33 am »
Wow Texasbadger....neve r heard it put that way...but thinking back....it does seem to pan out!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!