Author Topic: Books on collecting!!  (Read 5027 times)

luxetveritas

• View Profile
Re: Books on collecting!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 11:32:31 pm »
I never seem to get a chance to go to our local Goodwill/Thrift/Garage sales. I did get a good garage sale a while back, lots and lots of nice China and antiques from Victorian era for literally pennies. It was a spectacular find, but I got there when a ton of stuff had been picked over. An old woman had died, and her son knew absolutely nothing about what she had-- even though he had it appraised, he just wanted to get rid of it!

Anyway, I am interested in this store of yours Ironlord! How did you make it? What I mean is, how did you learn the specifics of suck a thing!? Mind posting a link for us to admire your creativeness in designing it :) I wanted to start a site, and thought about buying some books, but it just seems so complicated for my old bones! :)

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 11:48:31 pm »
Two months ago I was looking to find a site to get away from E-bay.  Figured I would maybe host a site but found one called MSMO, Main Street Mall Online.  Just so happened to be started in my home town of Hutchinson, Kansas, Talk a bit with them and liked what I saw.  For $30.00, you can have a store, no additional charges and transactions are between you, much like have a web site.  The ideal here is a Mall online, lots of different types of stores.  They also offer Free stores with a 10 item limit.  I have sold two items from this store in 2 months, not bad for I have about 300 posted so far and is growing.  It does not get the visualbily like ebay, and you have to promote your store for the most part.  So now I figured I buy my stuff and post it and let it set until it sells, no hassel, except for my bedroom is now full of boxes of stuff and had to put away my photography stuff.  Sorry go look up Main Street Mall online I'm in the Antique and collectiable section under ironlord's Antiques and Collectables.  Just please don't laugh at my below quality stuff  ;D.  They may kick me off this forum  :P.

http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/index.php

http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/vintage/

http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/vintage/store.php?ref=9

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 02:04:29 pm »
Ironlord, that's a great site! Nothing to be ashamed about, the prices are reasonable, and it looks like you got some good deals... which is frankly more than I can say for myself lately  ::) Thanks, btw, for posting that site, I'm going to explore it some more when I have a little time on my hands, maybe tomorrow. I will probably keep my eBay shop, but this would certainly be a good place to list some nicer pieces with higher set prices. I wanted to try out Ruby Lane, but the cost of starting a shop there is really expensive.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 03:31:52 pm »
The best thing about this site is you can post it here and still sell your item elsewhere, Ebay, garage sale, to your friends, just go and mark it sold.  They actually encourage you to sell else where also and to mention MSMO and this will still help everyone in the mall.  Wonderful concept.  Thanks for the encouragement

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »
Have used auctionsniper for a couple of years because I don't want to sit around anymore!  Figure what I will spend and set the price.  Get it for less is a happy me.  It goes for more than I wanted to spend...happy me too!  Less impulse spending and buying frenzy this way!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 10:50:10 pm »
Another nice thing about Auctionsniper is that you can set a bid, and then if you have second thoughts, you can go in and change it anytime before the close of the auction. Another nice thing is that you can be alerted if you win or lose on your mobile phone, and you can be alerted if the bidding has gone over your max. So there are a lot of nice features.
Antiqueaholic in recovery