Author Topic: Please help me with info on this potentially beautiful vanity.  (Read 856 times)

kimber

• View Profile
I have been searching and can't seem to find anything just like it or even close. I would just like to know maybe what era, type of wood,approximate age, or just anything. I bought this vanity because of course my grandmother had one like it and I have always wanted one. The condition of the pictures is exactly how I bought it. This piece needs quite a bit of TLC. Looks to be a victim of humidity, moisture, and lack of love. The veneer is bowed and missing in places(I have some veneer that is in good condition and can be reattached), mirror seems to be pretty old as it has quite a bit of aging around edges has a light brown or beige coating on back, I can't find any markings on this vanity only the numbers 1366 stamped in black on back of the mirror holder towards bottom, has dove tailed looks to be oak drawers but bottom has newer looking wood groove and slide. I just need some help maybe it is not called a vanity? What would it be called? Thank you for taking the time in reading this. If you can help me I am so grateful
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 02:48:45 am by kimber »