Author Topic: Lucien Denman  (Read 1467 times)

skipnyamaha

• View Profile
Lucien Denman
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:05:14 pm »
Hello all, I have a painting that I have tried to find any information on and have yet to discover anything.  I have learned a fair amount about the painter himself, where he was born, age, when he died yet his paintings are hard to get any info on.  I am once again selling this for a "client" and they have an approximate value that they would like for it and I have no idea on value or rarity.  I have posted once before in regards to these and received no information at all, so I hope this time I can get a little more information regarding them. 

Thanks again everyone in advance if you have are of ANY help.....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Lucien Denman
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:34:21 pm »
Isn't this the work of S. Lucien Denman of California?  Works done predominantly in 30's to 50's?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

skipnyamaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 02:36:34 pm »
Yes it is, I am just trying to get any idea of value or price that it may sell for.  I'm trying to find out a name for the picture or better yet any information besides info on Lucien.

Thanks!!

luxetveritas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:52:46 am »
I did some research but so far haven't found any paintings by this artist to use for comparison. Perhaps a few hundred at most? Really have no idea. Sorry!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 11:26:25 pm »
I have seen some in the past (been awhile) and they were of the style like you have.  Some of building...some of people.  More of the "mexican" feel to them...or older southwestern style.

In the past they sold in the $300 - $800 range.  Do not have any idea for today's market.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!