Author Topic: Tiles Depicting Medieval Scenes  (Read 4129 times)

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Tiles Depicting Medieval Scenes
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 06:17:21 am »
Ironlord I agree I also believe these tiles need lots of looking into! I would recommend contacting some who specializes in antique tiles. I found a wonderful site www.antiqnet.com/antiquearticles. Looks like a good place to start and could not hurt to contact them to see if they can help. Or search antique tile experts or dealers and choose one or several yourself. I believe the more information you can get on these tiles the better equipped you are in how to deal with them (should they be insured etc) Good luck & let us know what you discover!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 06:36:05 pm »
ironlord, if you recall they were once plastered to a fireplace surround...thus the back could take on the plaster appearance.

Can't put my finger on it....but still feel it is from the early to mid 1900's.

Search antique English tiles or vintage english tiles and you will get a better feel of the style that England has produced overall.  (There are many sites that sell them in the UK.)

Now, that said...they could be older.....but only an expert in English tiles could tell you.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:38 pm »
Yea good point KC, Too bad, clues my lay under the plaster then.  Really would like to hear how many you have and is the art consistant (appears the same artist works on each). and are they all the same size?   I'm starting to think Folk art kinda thing, Handmade for one own personal use kinda of thing.  Just another guess and me overthinking again. All  in all need a real expert in the field here it would seem.  I've look around a bit and have learned a little but not enough to do anything but blah out thoughts.