Author Topic: silk embroidery  (Read 1448 times)

whynette

• View Profile
silk embroidery
« on: August 25, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »
was inspired reading sapphires chinese panel and talesofs colar, made me wonder if mine is worth reframing. tnx

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: silk embroidery
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:13:53 pm »
Whynette, that is absolutely gorgeous!! I noticed it in your other thread.  It's so alive......and the blue is totally eye catching.  It certainly would look nice on my other wall.   ;) ;D

whynette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:27:37 pm »
Sapphire, will think about your other wall after i take my darling daughter to school  :). got it from a moving sale, did some research on it but i have no luck.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 02:32:14 pm »
In Chinese symbolism the peacock represents beauty and dignity. Old Chinese legend tells: The daughter of a mighty military commander painted a peacock on an ornament screen  -  promising to marry the first man who could hit the peacock two times with arrows...while running. A skilled Tang emperor shot both eyes of the peacock on two consecutive tries - winning the bride. "Selection by hitting the bird screen" then became a part of the Chinese language as a euphemism for "finding a husband".

The peony represents the season of spring.  It symbolizes love and affections and denotes good luck.

The piece is beautiful.  Colors are bright!  Doesn't appear to be very old!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

whynette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 03:44:23 pm »
KC, tnx for the info.