Author Topic: First time on Ebay  (Read 2167 times)

dpantique

• View Profile
First time on Ebay
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:54:32 pm »
Hello, I'm Patti. I've been in antique business with my boyfriend for 2 years now. And it is our first time either of us have actually used eBay. These were our first two item's listed. Little bracelets that I've been collecting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180386034327&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180386038391

Tell me what you think about what we could have done better. And maybe if anyone is interested in purchasing, I don't know. I just wanted to get this out there. Thanks guys.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: First time on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:11:16 am »
If I can make a suggestion, neither the photo or the text do anything to excite the buyers about the bracelet. Showing it on a slender, attractive wrist or laid out on a background where you could see the entire bracelet would help. The current picture is blurry, so it looks a bit like a fuzzy silver pretzel, when I'm sure in reality, it is an attractive piece. But I can't see what it really looks like.

Be excited when you write! If you aren't excited about your product, why should they be? Try something like "Stunning Silver Yurman Style Bracelet. You can explain that it is silver plate in the description. Saying it will "last a while" makes me think immediately it's going to wear out or break. No one picks jewelry based on durability. Its all about style. I would say things like "This bracelet is perfect for cocktail hour or for casual wear at the office." Use words like "striking" "bold" "adventurous". This is a bracelet that makes a statement! Also your buyers may not be familiar with Yurman, so you could provide a link to a source of information and point out that they are getting something just as nice for a fraction of the price!

Best of luck!!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:14:16 am by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery