Author Topic: Help with idenification and What is it worth? - beautiful furniture  (Read 2260 times)

developer

• View Profile

Can anyone please help me identify the furniture as in gallery ( There are 2 chest of drawers, partial denture, a table and six chairs )
 I would like to know an approximate value for this pieces

http://www.sklep.it.pl/sklep/furniture/
(flash required)

regards
Marko

railman44

• View Profile
Re: Help with idenification and What is it worth? - beautiful furniture
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 02:33:14 pm »
It would take a very special house for those pieces to fit in.  Essentially a mansion.  That is one reason those pieces would be hard to sell since most people's home don't fit that description.  You might keep that in mind if an appraisor tells you what he/she thinks it's all worth.  They are lovely and appear to be very heavy.  I have no clue what something that unusual and large is worth.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:31:00 pm »
See alot like this style and sizing in Texas.  Great for the large homes there and for homes that are built in the more southwestern style (now that I see a picture of the chairs).  They sell pretty good.  Bet it would do as well in the older north east in the larger older homes!

Now I have seen sets come in from Europe that have 2 buffets as this....but the 2 chest of drawers....If you look at the pics the are hinged and open from the top....do they open from the sides as well?  Can you post a pic of it open and tell if you see any identifying wear marks in or on them?  Looks to me to be used as a pedestal (large vases of flowers) but for storage as well.

D&b...cogar...railman ....talesof...regul arjoe...fancy.... and those that I have accidentally failed to mention.....what do you think?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:56:37 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 01:59:45 am »
That's a beautiful sideboard. I'm guessing that a photo of the back is not an option due to it's size. If these are all from the same matching set, can you post the underside of a chair or the table, so that we can get a look at the construction techniques used? A lot of times it is easier to get a feel for the age if you can see how a piece was made, than you can by looking at the surface that is shown to the public.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

D&b antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:48:48 am »
Looks to be Italian. $10,000.00 + and that is conservative.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:34:57 am »
From the dark images , I'd agree with D&b .

Mansion needed 4 proper fit !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "