Author Topic: Small “decorator” bowl  (Read 1822 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Small “decorator” bowl
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:38:19 pm »
Pictured below is a pretty little bowl I know nothing about. It is 3 ˝” high and 4 ľ” wide. It has an unreadable impressed “mark” under the glaze on the bottom. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sam C

luxetveritas

• View Profile
Re: Small “decorator” bowl
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 03:59:38 pm »
Is it fused glass? If not it looks flambe to me. Any other opinions?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:06:01 pm »
Sorry cogar....I really have no clue on this....looks late 90's to me.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 08:22:53 pm »
Cool Little bowl,  Very different an unique wish I could help now I have to look into fused and flambe glass, gosh you folks keep my brain spinning.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:06 pm »
Cogar really nice   I would not write this one off it reminds me of poole pottery around late 60s early 70s they did pieces with diffrent glazed outsides & cream or white insides like yours. Just reminds me of there work at that time. glaze is very interesting to me as it seems to have been added to the  bottom of  the piece and pulled up toward top & to the side. Most  pottery I have seen the  glaze work  is done  top to bottom . Just as a shot in the dark try velum paper & charcol or lead pencil to see if you can  get a rubbing of the mark on the bottom. sometimes if the mark is impressed & unable to read from glaze coating  you can pull clues from a rubbing like we did on antique grave stones when we were kids.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:11:28 pm »
Cogar, don't know if this will help or not. Tried to play with your pic to see if I could bring out any more of that mark.  Almost appears to be numbers, maybe? (Had to tilt my laptop screen to get a better view)

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 11:16:45 pm »
My little guess on your uniquely-glazed item is that perhaps it's a piece of Asian tea ware .