Author Topic: Hobart deli slicer  (Read 10480 times)

raroo99

• View Profile
Hobart deli slicer
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:45:49 pm »
I recently purchased a Hobart deli slicer at the flea market for the home, it is a commercial unit but for the price I got it anyway, knowing it would outlast the last piece of junk I got at wal-mart. It works fine + looks good. I called the Hobart company inquiring about a manual or parts catalog in case I should need that later + they stated the slicer I have is near 100 years old + they did not keep files going back to the 1920s. Does anyone here have any info I might be able to use? I have been online all day w/o success although I did find a Hobart slicer made in the ? 40s for $1199.00 This may have been a good investment by accident.
This slicer is a model 210 w/a 10" blade serial#732273 , 1750 rpm 115 volt, 60 cycle, 3.33 amp 1 phase, motor spec3620, mach spec3898, 1/6 hp made in Troy Ohio, Hobart could not give an exact year due to lack of records but did state it was manufactured in the 1920s. All the identification is in very good shape. I bought it to use but I now think that may not be such a good idea since it could be quite valuable. There is supposedly 1 in a museum in Boston that is not as old as this.
Any help is appreciated
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:19:28 pm by raroo99 »

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Hobart deli slicer
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:06 pm »
Don't know if this is what you have. Only thing I could come across so far relating to a Hobart 210.

http://reza.net/hobart/HOBART%20110.pdf

raroo99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »
That's the one! I spent all day + came up w/nothing. This is a site I'll remember for sure! If anyone has an idea of the rough value I would love that. I would use the proceeds to get a slicer I can use w/o fear of ruining an antique. Thankyou-sapphire! I ckd it out + the 210 model was listed as obolete by Hobart in 1941-meaning they had a new model I guess. I just wish I could locate a listing to show me the correct year by serial #. it would make my day.
Where did you find this so quickly??
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:02:30 pm by raroo99 »

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »
Having had to search online for a manual for my 1939, followed by my 1955 (still in use) Mix Masters I figured that there was likely something similar out there for yours.  Googled Hobart slicer manual 210.  ;)

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:52:35 pm »
Way to go Sapphire that is why I like this site so much everyone contributes knowledge and we all learn such cool & interesting things!!!!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:15 pm »
Sounds like somebody should slice up sapphire a nice deli/party tray ....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »
The deli party starts when?  ( to celebrate the finding )
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 05:15:05 pm »
MMMM Thin Sliced meat.  I'm in

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 01:07:45 am »
Raroo99, I don't think your slicer would have much value as an antique but if it is still in good working condition and would pass a Board of Health inspection it probably has value to a restaurant owner who needs one.

Just check out "commercial meat slicers" prices here:  http://www.selectappliance.com/exec/ce-catalog/category/Meat+Slicers

Just place an add in the paper and set your "price or best offer" to see what happens. There just might be someone getting ready to open a deli or restaurant that needs one.

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:17:53 am »
I'd agree with cogar , as to 'antique value' .

If it were mine , I'd disassemble , inspect , clean & lube it .

Then , I'd put it to use with sliced goodies galore !

Around here (Pacific NW) a good used hobart commercial slicer (non-'antique') can be purchased at prices starting around $250 , going all the way up to $850 .

The real issue with using 'vintage' slicers is the torque that the unit is capable of putting out , while actually slicing ( as well as the condition of the worm/gear drives ) ....sometimes a tired motor & gear-train is the reason somebody sells these units .

I've owned a used commercial hobart slicer & had the motor 'rebuilt' with new bearings/bushings/etc. and used it with trouble-free results for over a decade .... they're kinda large for the average kitchen (mine included) , which was the final reason I sold it to a local deli for $400 .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "