Author Topic: Beatles Contact Sheet  (Read 4316 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Beatles Contact Sheet
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 07:01:53 pm »
I was thinking, why not contact a major, high-end auction house that deals in pop-culture memorabilia and tell them what you've got? It can't hurt to see what they say. Even if you decide not to part with it, you might get an idea about what level of interest there might be in it. I agree with Skinny, unreleased Beatles stuff could be way hot.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 08:32:03 pm »
Do what you want with em .

I'd think homespun 401k & wait till they're all dead .
That's when things will heat up .

In the mean time , you've got the skills to preserve them !

Thanks for the preview , ironlord1963 .
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 08:37:35 pm »
     Sorry Skinny that you missed.   The down and dirty I have discovered.   Major problem that I myself should of realized at first,  With the photographer mostly likely still living at least he look healthy 2 years ago, is He owns the rights.  Being a photographer myself should of realized that,  Basically If I sell it that would violate the Copyright laws, most likey Neither EMP or a Auction house would touch it unless I was the photographer.  I can own, copy and give away prints, but can not sell.   The next problem I have would be to valadate the fact I have the only copies, being a contact sheet says hay you have a nice copy of the originals, it is my words and the words the photograher saying they are the only ones that exsist.   Amazing I thought I would take a peak at contact sheets on Ebay.  There is one available of pics of beatles in the making of yellow submarine, sounds better then a news conference.   They are special and rare but that would just be my word.   If I was to sell it would have to be to a private collector of beatles stuff  in the secrets of a dark alley  8).   A real hard core collector would know the rareity of these and maybe willing to give us some $$$.  Even better I could wait for the Michael Jackson Syndroum (His dolls sold for Hundreds the first day AMJ)  Something like that would be $$$$$ APM lets say.
     For right now I will be doing a high res drum scan on it at work and maybe have a few rare beatle print.  I think I can get a 8x10 at least from the film contacts.  Can't Sell but Have some friends who would love to have prints.  I will mount it and see what happens but looks like for now I just have something cool to look at.  Right next to my hundred of so Art Wolfe prints and copy negs I have, things they toss at the photo Labs.  

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 10:24:15 pm »
Then there's the question of "Was the photographer working for hire ?" ... the cpyrgt may belong to the employer ....etc , etc ... If nobody has paid the $40.00 fee , perhaps it's only copyrighted in someones' mind .
(Short form VA (-visual arts-) from register of copyrights , Library of Congress)

Copyright laws are a frog in a blender , in the U.S. !!!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 10:59:31 pm »
    From What I remember of the story was he was a young photographer, that by chance ended up at the news conference, I remember him telling he didn't even know who the beatles was at the time.  I still thinks he doesn't know who the beatles are cause he was not at all concerned about the contact sheet or where those neg are.  I would be digging hard in my closet searching if I was him.  But he don't care last I knew he sold 4 buildings in seattle for 20+ mill, has a private jet and would only be worth a few pennies to him.  However it is cool and I will mount and display it and get some digital files of the shots and wait and see, could be a nice cap to the 401K.