Author Topic: Grape Chandeliers from Italy  (Read 1157 times)

• View Profile
Grape Chandeliers from Italy
« on: November 01, 2009, 11:41:43 am »
I have 2 chandeliers that were imported from Italy about 50 years ago. East light has a green metal frame with leaves and 3 bunches of grapes that are individual balls of glass wired onto a metal frame. there are 3 bunches that are dark purple and 1 light green, 1 light pink and 1 golden. I have them stored and have always wondered about their value. Anyone with any ideas? I would love to hear them. Thanks.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Grape Chandeliers from Italy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:30:56 pm »
     Is there any maker marks of any kind?  If not then one would have only visuals to go by for maker, and value.  Those are some stunning Chandeliers for sure and just the look would bring lots of value.  They look to be 50's or 60's in design, There was quite the grape craze in those years, I remember the Glass grapes scattered about the homes of many friend and family, even those crazing cheap hanging lighted grapes   :o, My Aunt and Uncle had.  Those was the days.  These are the most unique grape lights I seen to date.  ;).  If I was to take a stab at the value I would start at $300.00 to $500.00 for them but if you can get the maker pegged down, it would only go up.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Grape Chandeliers from Italy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:12:57 pm »
karma this is the closest I could find it is made by murano and if you look closely your grapes each have a seam  they look to have been joined  were the murano grapes are each smooth and appear to be one piece of glass.  http://www.antiquesplus.com.au/index.cfm/item/36746-a-vintage-venetian-murano-ceiling-lamp/   agree with Ironlord on pricing and as he said if you can find the maker would be much higher!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:24:49 pm by wendy177 »