Author Topic: French Tapestries from Marshall Field?  (Read 1072 times)

bigwyojohn

• View Profile
French Tapestries from Marshall Field?
« on: November 11, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »
We found four framed tapestries at an estate auction of a semi famous Coloradan opera singer last Feb (she was 104).  They were framed at Falcor Framing, GRamercy 5-9674, 50 East 9th Street, NY some time ago (at least when NY was still using names vs telephone numbers).  We took the paper off the back and there is a fancy script on each one with the subjects name, La Moisson, Fileuse Louis, Dutchess De Luynes and Madam Lebrun Vigee.  I couldn't download the pix but have a link to an online album.  You may have to paste it into your browser.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fbrostrom/FrenchTapestries#

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Frances & John

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: French Tapestries from Marshall Field?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 08:58:09 am »
Wow. Absolutely beautiful and how wonderful that you can research each subject and know who they were! I can't help you myself on these, but I'll be interested to hear what others say.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: French Tapestries from Marshall Field?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
Typically the French paintings and other such items became popular in the 1940's and Marshall Field's elaborated on that public demand with fine pieces.  So, do believe that this is from that time.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!