Author Topic: A few of my heirlooms - not to be sold - just curious  (Read 1429 times)

way2shg

• View Profile
A few of my heirlooms - not to be sold - just curious
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:55:36 pm »
Hi gang,
A few of you are familiar with my heirloom furniture hunt story. I did manage to acquire a few of my family heirlooms (actually quite a bit of china, crystal and silver). Here are a few of the other items. Interested in any comments, dating, values, etc...

We are from Philadelphia and New York. Most of the items are more likely to be Philadelphia.

Chair - no marks that I can see. From my grandparents - see it in photos from 1940--1950. Might be older. No marks that I can see. A very pale yellow leather.

A half-moon shaped table with underneath marks for "Imperial Tables" and "Imperial Furniture Company" (you will see in the photo) and also a J.B. Sciver Co plate. I am confused about why two different furniture manufacturers are on the same piece.

My refrigerator basket (Note the "patents pending"). Its huge!

regularjoe2

• View Profile
Re: A few of my heirlooms - not to be sold - just curious
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:13:19 pm »
I'd say that your table was made in Grand Rapids , and was sold by a furniture store in N.J. , thus the 2 'tags' .

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:49:11 pm »
By Golly....haven't seen a basket like that in over 40 years!  There should be 2 compartments - one for holding ice and the other for food.  I believe that the area between is filled with asbestos!  This was touted as the compact automobile basket refrigerator!  They would range from $45 to $100 these days in great condition. 1910 - 1930's.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:50:44 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

way2shg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 06:05:50 am »
Thanks for the replies.
KC, I recall checking into the basket several years ago and finding that it was very early in the range because of the "patent pending" on top. And, yes, there are two compartments. Thanks for the notice about the asbestos!