Author Topic: antique bookends  (Read 2640 times)

tiger89ny

• View Profile
antique bookends
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:13:48 pm »
Has anyone ever seen L. V. Aronson cast iron bookends from 1928?  I have with a dog.  I don't know it's worth and can't find on internet.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: antique bookends
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:51:20 am »
LV Aronson history (Famous for Ronson lighters)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronson_%28company%29
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 01:15:45 pm »
Tiger, I don't know if you'll find yours here but maybe something similar.  I've attached a link to the Google search page as copying the address directly here seems to give a dead end.  The third listing on the page DOGS - Antique Bookends Shoppe is the one I'm referring to.......click on the "Cached" version (located right after the description on the Google page).  This will allow you to view the prices of those that sold, whereas clicking directly on the 'title' will only give you a description, no price.  You'll notice that most sets are referred to as Ronson, but mention is made that attributes Ronson to Aronson.

Maybe you'll luck out and find yours or close to it.  It should at least give you an idea of the value, depending on condition.

Cheers

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=aronson+bookends&start=20&sa=N

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »
A picture helps...but also...what kinds of dog?  They made terriers, hunting dogs, etc.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 06:56:28 pm »
As stated, you will have to show photos or at least some more to go on, as in sitting, standing, type of dog, etc.

Louis V. Aronson founded Art Metal Works in Newark New Jersey. the name changed to Ronson i the 1930's and closed down in the 1960-70's.