Author Topic: Italian figurine  (Read 1435 times)

syl

• View Profile
Italian figurine
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:23:33 pm »
Hi everyone, We have this figurine that I hope someone can tell me something about. It's about 11" tall, not very old since it has an opening for a quartz clock, comes from Italy(it has the Capodimonte crown over the N) and next to that it is stamped 'Florence'. There is a name on the front which I assume is the sculptor but I can't decipher it. It looks like G. something. Any idea of age or value? I really like it and was thinking it looked like someone I know. But it actually looks like someone we all know. It looks like 7c's, doesn't it? What do you think?

BobInVirginia

• View Profile
Re: Italian figurine
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:33:42 pm »
I did a bit of research and can not find this exact figure but i did find this website that has a photo showing the exact signature.

http://www.seeauctions.com/show_item/123658/

There is a collectors group at www.the-society.com that you might try for assistance on exact dating etc.

The artist is Giuseppe Armani and did do work with the Capodimonte label.

syl

• View Profile
Re: Italian figurine
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:16:37 am »
Hi Bob, Thanks for your help. Once I found the name, Giuseppe Armani, I was able to look him up. There is a site called Gallery 802 that sells his figures. They had over 400 of his figures listed but not the one I have. One things for sure, he really liked women. Many of his figurines are downright erotic. Anyway, thanks for your help.